Monday, March 11, 2013

biographies

This week we have been writing our biographys in room 7. First we did a brain storm about our heros. Then we went through the steps of writing :

  • Things about them - name, DOB, personal details.....
  • Things about their family
  • Their childhood & life
  • Things they like to do
  • Things about their career
  • If they are famous, why are they famous?
  • Why they are your Hero?
  • We are aiming for around 300 words on our google doc.

Our writing expectations:

Tasks:
1st expectationComplete inspiration map on chosen person
2nd expectationSign into Google Docs
Type in a heading
3rd ExpectationWrite sentences about the chosen person
Group ideas together
Check structure sequence against success criteria
Have I got my headings? Have I met the word target?
4th expectationSelf improve
Grammar
Punctuation
Spelling
Sentences and run on sentences (clauses and conjunctions)
5th expectationBuddy improve (on the Google Docs together
6th expectationChoose a publishing tool from the Digital Toolkit
Check against the Publishing Rubric
Kate- I wrote about how my mum is my hero. She has done everything for me as well as my dad but I thought that it would be easy writing about my mum. Sadley it had to be it least 300 words which was unexpected. 

Sam-I wrote about Ritchie Mccaw becuase he is my hero. He inspires me with my rugby and every thing else and he is a great man.

No comments:

Post a Comment